ASCSP offers two technical membership levels; as such there are two tests available: Member, and Certified Member (CCSP).
All new ASCSP members are Associates until an exam has been taken and passed. Testing applications are now available at both the Member and Certified levels. Please contact the Testing Committee for more information.
Certified Member (CCSP) – The “CCSP” designation is the highest credential in the cost segregation industry. Specialists with this designation have met ASCSP’s strict level of standards for required work experience and have passed ASCSP exam for Certified members.
Only Certified Members with the CCSP designation can stamp a cost segregation report with the ASCSP seal and use the ASCSP designation in correspondence and credentials.
Requirements for Certified designation include the following:
1) Minimum 7 years direct experience performing cost segregation studies.
2) Submittal of application package and experience log to document at least 7,000 hours of direct cost segregation experience
3) Submittal of sample cost segregation report
4) Recommendation of two Certified members
5) Telephone interview of applicant (as determined by Testing Committee)
6) Obtain passing grade on the Certified exam
Member – The Member designation is for individuals with at least 1 year and 1,000 hours of direct technical experience performing cost segregation studies. Requirements for Member designation include the following:
1) Minimum 1 year direct experience performing cost segregation studies.
2) Submittal of application package and experience log to document at least 1,000 hours of direct cost segregation experience
Obtain a passing grade on the Member exam
Please see “Membership” page for more information about the different member levels.