ASCSP was founded in October 2006.
Presidents of the Society
- 2021-2023 Travis Mlodzik CCSP
- 2019-2021 John Hanning CCSP
- 2017-2019 Alex Bagne CCSP
- 2015-2017 Peter Caputo CCSP
- 2013-2015 Gian Pazzia CCSP
- 2011-2013 John Hoffman CCSP
- 2009-2011 Glen Fandl
- 2007-2009 Kurt Heinrick
- 2006-2007 Greg Bryant CCSP
- 2021 – Austin
- 2020 – Tampa [postponed due to Covid-19*]
- 2019 – New Orleans
- 2018 – Nashville
- 2017 – Las Vegas
- 2016 – Orlando
- 2015 – Las Vegas
- 2014 – Chicago
- 2013 – Denver
- 2012 – Las Vegas
- 2011 – Dallas
- 2010 – Orlando
- 2009 – Las Vegas
- 2008 – Baltimore
- *A Cost Segregation Learning Summit was held instead.
- 2021- The ASCSP Testing Committee launches online exams for Member and Certified level exams.
- In honor of the 15th Anniversary the Marketing Committee gets a new logo designed and a new website is to be presented in October.
- 2020- Published an IRS comment letter on 1031 exchanges
- 2020-Held our first ever Cost Segregation Learning Summit with 30 members in attendance at the Westin Tampa Waterside.
- 2019- Exhibited at the annual AICPA Construction & Real Estate Conference
- 2019- ASCSP membership passes the 200 mark, highest attendance at a Conference and first use of interactive technology at a conference.
- 2018- Exhibited at the annual AICPA Construction & Real Estate Conference and Tax Conference
- 2018- ASCSP reaches highest membership level of all time and second highest Conference attendance.
- 2017- Exhibited at the annual AICPA Construction & Real Estate Conference
- 2017 – Upgraded monthly Technical Calls to a Go To Meeting Format, several conference presenters will host in 2018.
- 2017 – A second monthly webinar will begin in 2018 for newer industry professionals – several conference presenters will host in 2018.
- 2016- Exhibited at the annual AICPA Construction & Real Estate Conference
- 2016 – ASCSP Celebrates its 10th Anniversary at the annual Conference.
- A second tier of sessions was offered at the Conference for newer cost segregation professionals.
- 2015 – Education Committee begins to post recent court cases, comments and a summary of the facts along with key considerations.
- 2015 – Membership reaches all time high.
- 2014- Largest conference attendance to date featured international panel and presentation form taxing authority.
- 2014- Three new Honorary Members added from the UK & Canada
- 2014- Largest group of members take advancement exam.
- 2014- New member total exceeds previous by nearly 45%
- 2014- New website added.
- 2013 – Education Committee creates a 147 page / 1000+ term cost segregation dictionary.
- 2013 – 12 regional proctoring locations for advancement exams established, membership passes 130 mark, Technical Committee signs on to work with CCH.
- 2012 – CPE approved
- 2012- First group of Honorary members inducted.
- 2012 – Added Senior Exam Study Guide, completing opinion papers on the Peco Foods and AmeriSouth tax court cases
- 2012 – Education committee gets CPE approval and begins offering credit for technical calls and conference courses
- 2010 – Hired an association management firm and opened several LinkedIn groups
- 2010- Created a job board for cost segregation professionals
- 2010- Negotiated discounts with construction cost manual providers
- 2008- Produced the comprehensive cost segregation Minimum Quality Standards (“MQS”) manual
- 2008- Exhibited at the annual AICPA Real Estate Conference
- 2008 -July- Held first national Conference in Baltimore.
- 2007- Instituted membership levels of Associate, Member, Senior, and Certified
- 2007- Created several exams with test questions for various levels of expertise
- 2007- Began conducting monthly technical conference calls
- 2006- Created and approved Code of Ethics and By Laws
- 2006- October – incorporated in Delaware with an office in Washington, DC and established a Board of Directors.
- 2006- October 9 – first “official” conference call of founding members to set up Society structure, agenda and tasks of members. Greg Bryant CCSP – is President.
Honorary Members of the Society [click here for bios] – an honor established to show appreciation for individuals that have made a significant contribution to the educational awareness of matters in the field of cost segregation.
|2019||Stephen Beaucaire CCSP – retired – Bedford Cost Segregation|
|2018||Andrea Mouw J.D. – Principle National Tax – Eide Bailly|
|2016||Joshua Harris, PhD, Alex Brosseau, Skip Lloyd, CPA, CGMA|
|2014||Paul Farley (UK), Clive Serles (UK), Allan Bonvie (CA)|
|2013||Scott Saunders, Ray Suelzer|
|2012||James Williams, Christian Wood & Michael Gregory|