PLEASE FIND BELOW TOPICS FROM PREVIOUS CONFERENCES & A LIST OF TOPICS FROM MEMBER SURVEYS.
Repair Regulations – Christian Wood
Updates from the Department of Revenue
Estimating Civil & Site
Real Estate: A View from Washington – Ryan McCormick
International Panel – Capital Allowance Studies
PPI indices in cost segregation studies-Matthew Dianich SCSP
Internal Revenue Code §1031 tax deferred exchanges
Green Zip drywall system
Fundamentals of Electricity
Adobe PDF – Measurement and takeoff tools
PECO Case update
Recent court cases
BIM is it a game changer?
Minimum Quality Standards
TOUR: Caesar’s Palace facilities, mechanical and boiler rooms
“IRS Audits – What To Expect”
IRS Presentation / Report Review / Discussion
Real Estate & Economic Update
Legislative Update to include 2011-26
Repairs & Maintenance
Economic Update and Transaction Activity
State of the Cost Segregation Industry/Profession
discussions on standards, education,
and ethics within the cost segregation field
IDR’s – What and How to Respond?
Hot topics – Street Lighting Case, A Review
Minimum Quality Standards
Hot Topics (Cont.) – Repair & Maintenance, Small Business Jobs Ace, 179D, etc.
mock IRS Audit Examination
presentation on the Open Air Parking Structure Coordinated Issue Paper
Keynote Speaker Mark D. Ramos, IRS Lead General Engineer, who will be joined by IRS General
Engineer Greg S. Churchill
ASCSP Leadership and structure
Building an Association
Texas Land Markets
From previous surveys [duplicates omitted]
1. A class on estimating- plumbing or HVAC
2. contractor / engineering presentation
3. court cases to support ASCSP and IRS for land improvements
4. Current/previous audits encountered & IRS arguments & results
5. Depreciation from a valuation perspective and best practices for addressing in cost seg of acquired properties.
6. Estimating on Structural Assets for new repair regs.
7. facility tour
8. HVAC education
9. Instructional session on allocating electrical distribution systems
10. Interplay between cost seg and like kind exchanges
11. IRS Rep from Cost Seg Engineering Dept Presentation
12. MQS session
13. New building materials and trends/green products
14. New functional allocation of electrical distribution systems now discussed in the ATG.
15. Open discussions on adjustments to element costs.
16. Passive Loss rules for pass-through entity owner occupied buildings
17. Repairs & Maintenance
18. TBD- Based on prior 12 months tax decisions
19. The future of Cost Seg. I fear if things keep going the way they are Cost Seg as we know it will be gone.
20. The TARS reg’s, by the 2013 conf. they should be set
21. Update on Tangible Property Regulations
22. What can we all agree on? Like taking utilities as 15 or 39 year property
23. Tax Reform – Is Depreciation Here to Stay?
24. New construction tax planning
25. Industry specific repair regs considerations. Shawn Santy did a good job in Vegas focusing on issues he faced in the casino industry.
26. TPR – Reasonable Methods Consistency
27. IRS agents are a MUST
28. Practical panel discussion/Q&A with leading cost seg providers regarding how facts & circumstances lead to conclusions in repair regs.
29. TPR – Method Changes
30. Commercial Real Estate Investment Groups
31. Cost Segregation and IRC Sec. 263A
32. CPA awareness as to how valuable cost seg is to their business
33. ASCSP By Laws and Ethics – High Points